Basic Purpose and Objective of the Position
Design and integrate mechanical systems that achieve proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency Develop Engineering Documentation and instructions to document the system construction and to transfer technical data.
Major Responsibilities – reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Be a safety role model. Engage with employees, supervision, and management to create and promote a safe work environment. Always work first to engineer safety into our work processes.
- Create CAD models, assembly and manufacturing instructions, test plans and inspection protocols that deliver quality product cost
- Actively engage with all of WRT stakeholders to realize product cost ‘effectively. Problem solves gaps and redesigns as required. Implement mistake-proofing concepts to prevent product
- Analyze and design fixtures, processes and recommend automation of process including new
- Ensure vendors/subcontractors are manufacturing products according to product specifications. Ensure that all product specifications are developed, and testing procedures are in place before utilizing vendors/subcontractors. Provide input and support during the selection process of new vendors.
- Complete other tasks as assigned or
Education, Experience & Certifications
- BS degree with engineering emphasis in a mechanical or manufacturing related discipline required,
- 2+ years of experience working directly with system design and layout with a proven track record or success.
- Must be experienced with tolerance control, tolerance stack up analysis, GD&T, and the technical limitations of the machinery and fixtures utilized to produce
- Must have 3D CAD modeling experience – Solidworks preferred.
Successful Essential Skills
- Ethical practice – adheres to WRT Mission, Vision, Values and Culture during both good and bad times. Adheres to policy, procedure and complies with regulatory bodies and the law. Actively positively acknowledges employees demonstrating the right values and works to guide misses of others in the right direction.
- Communication – is able to send a message clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles. Must be able to interact and effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization. Can create open channels of communication, adapt message to fit audience, express ideas clearly and concisely, keep others well-informed, listen carefully to input and feedback.
- Technical Capacity – is a skilled and technically competent engineer – a person whose technical skills are respected and sought
- Project Management- ability to take a problem statement through a rigorous process and closure, adding value to the
- Quality Expertise – always learning about the profession and continuously keeping abreast of new trends, tools, techniques, regulations, and requirements.
- Excellent problem-solving skills uses rigorous logic and methods to solve problems producing effective solutions to problem
- Excellent time management skills: concentrating effort on priorities and overall planning, awareness, and response to what is due now, short and long term.
- Strong computing skills: e., ERP, Solidworks, Power Point, Excel, and Technical researching.
- Ability to initiate and complete multiple concurrent
- High level of business acumen: Understands policies, practices, technology, trends, and information and how those affect the
Successful Essential Behaviors
- Has a heightened sense of urgency and works at a quick pace (high energy). Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to resolve (close).
- Process oriented: understands how to separate and combine tasking into efficient workflow and can see opportunities for
- Attention to detail: focus on accuracy, completeness and following standards, rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Cooperative with others and helpful to the rest of the team in getting work
- Upholds values and beliefs of the organization. Exhibits integrity as a person and in their work. Maintains appropriate confidentiality of the company, customers, and product and application specific details. Deals effectively with all races, nationalities, cultures, disabilities, ages, and genders. Supports equal and fair treatment and opportunity for
- Personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve his/her work skills and the skills and competency of the WRT
- Has a can do, will do
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Works in production and office
- Long workdays necessary to fulfill job
- 60% sitting; 10% stooping and bending; and 30% standing or
- Lift and transport an average weight of 5 lbs., maximum 10
- Manual dexterity of both
- Near Visual Acuity (either corrected or uncorrected).
- Ability to hear and understand others, articulate verbal direction and instruction, give feedback to others and brainstorm with customers and
- Fluency in English. Secondary language skills a
Supervision Provided: None
How This Position Contributes to the Effectiveness of the Organization
This role creates mechanical designs for production. When those designs are safe, efficient and mistake proof, this position contributes to WRT’s ability to grow market share. Failure to maintain compliance may result in poor quality at a higher cost to WRT.